Naik is seeking a Structural (Bridge) Engineer with 5-15 years of fundamental AASHTO bridge design experience to work in our Edison, NJ Office. Experience with NJDOT and NJTA design standards, LRFR design, and LRFR load rating methodologies and current state of practice such as accelerated bridge construction and prefabricated bridge elements, is preferred.
The successful candidate will design:
- simple and complex bridges (primarily of steel and concrete construction)
- variety of transportation-related structures (including culverts, retaining walls, sign structures, and other miscellaneous structures) using applicable software.
- The candidate will be involved in and complete all phases of structural project development including planning, scheduling, cost/quantity estimating, inspection as required, analysis, design, and technical specifications, QA/QC review, constructability review, and report preparation. In addition, the candidate will be required to oversee and direct a team of engineers and drafters.
Required Skills & Required Experience
The position requires the following credentials:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering (MS preferred);
- NJ Professional Engineer’s license;
- minimum of 5 years of experience working on bridge transportation projects;
- sound oral and written communication skills;
- excellent organizational skills;
- proficiency using CADD (Microstation and/or AutoCAD) along with various structural/civil design applications;
- desire to work in a team environment.
Naik is an Equal Opportunity Employer.