Naik Consulting Group, PC is seeking to hire a Project Manager (PM), who shall have overall on-site responsibility for the General Contractor (Contractor) and the Consultant Construction Manager’s (CCM) on-site workforce on New York City Transit (NYCT) and/or MTA Capital Construction (MTA CC) multi-year construction projects valued in excess of $1M taking place within the five boroughs of New York. The goal of every NYCT and MTACC project is that it be completed in accordance with the baseline schedule and budget, with safety first and foremost, and the PM will play an integral role in meeting this goal.
PM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become thoroughly familiar with all project plans, specifications, budget, schedule and relevant NYCT/MTACC policies and procedures.
- Perform a Constructability Review, if required.
- Maintain a safe work site at all times, with no exceptions.
- Directly oversee the job performance of the Resident Engineer and Construction Inspectors, if assigned, to verify that the Contractor is performing all work activities in a safe manner and in strict accordance with contractual requirements and City/State/Federal regulations throughout the entire project duration.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate a Master Program Schedule that contains all project schedule milestones.
- Manage and update the Program Budget/Cost Containment Plan.
- Review and approve all requests for monthly progress payments by the Contractor.
- Manage risks and prepare mitigation recommendations.
- Prepare and update Budget, Schedule and Project Status Reports.
- Conduct PowerPoint presentations to NYCT/MTACC staff on status of contract, work progress and upcoming work. Presentations shall include whether the contract is on time and on budget and any remediation required.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with the surrounding community by coordinating and maintaining ongoing communication with the surrounding community and project stakeholders to keep them informed of the status of project activities. Attend local community board meetings to provide updates on how construction phase activities will impact the community.
PM SKILLSETS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with NYCT/MTACC’s senior management staff and external project stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ability to proactively identify project issues that could impact the project budget and/or schedule and propose timely and workable solutions to minimize/prevent impacts
- Ability to read and interpret Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings and contract specifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of ten (10) years managing complex construction projects, preferably with NYCT/MTACC, or other transit/railroad systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management and a New York Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management and/or Construction Management Policies and Procedures.
- Proven ability to manage all project tasks, including chairing project meetings, change order management, risk avoidance, schedule and budget monitoring to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Proven history of successfully managing and coordinating project-related activities of the Contractor, the CCM, NYCT/MTACC, project stakeholders and other adjacent projects, if applicable.
- Familiarity with NYCT/MTACC policies and procedures including PMPs and PMGs
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Proficient in Project Management systems (CONSTRUCTWARE or A-SITE) that manage project activities including reporting, submittal management, invoicing, etc.