Naik is looking for a Civil Engineer to perform the following duties:
- Verifying construction documents to suit field conditions.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other relevant documents.
- Monitoring design changes, contractor and sub-contractor activities and progress.
- Assisting in the in-depth research to develop recommendations for approaches, concepts, materials, or equipment selection.
- Assisting in collecting and managing data for engineering or construction work such as performing quantity take-offs for development of engineering estimates.
- Assisting in assurance that drawings, calculations, and designs are in accordance with design standards and strengths.
- Coordinating with Resident Engineer and provide daily oversight of the contractor, input to Resident Engineer to support the processing of project documentation, verifying the required material inspection and testing is performed and documented.
- Reviewing contractor change order requests regarding scope and validity, monitoring contractor’s progress against approved construction schedule.
- Coordinating with Quality Manager and support the verification of the quality standards and requirements for the constructed work.
- Assisting the Resident Engineer in reviewing and implementing RFI’s and change orders.
- Assisting in change orders negotiations with contractors.
- Supporting the Resident Engineer in reviewing, and approving contractor payment requisitions.
- Assisting Resident Engineer in developing Monthly Project Status Reports.
- Significant interface with client’s web-based project management system for document control purposes and business process execution.
- Preparing documents, reports, photos, of the work performed daily.
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering and Management